Document Checklist and Instructions
A properly documented loan application expedites the process. All documents on this checklist are required. Originals will not be returned.
- Complete Residential Loan Application Form 1003 as thoroughly as possible. (Page 4 is a continuation page in case you need additional space for your assets and liabilities, or need to provide information or explanations. If you are unsure about a question, the Help resource provides assistance.)
- If your property is held in a trust, please provide a copy of the Abstract of Trust. You will also be required to sign a Certification of Trust document which will be sent to you with your initial disclosures.
- If you are salaried, provide W-2s for the previous two years and enough paystubs to cover 30 days. Please provide your most current paystub(s), dated within 30 days of the application submission date.
- If you are retired, provide a copy of the institution's award letter through which your pension is paid (Social Security, PERS, STRS, etc.), your most recent 1099 and two recent bank statements showing the funds being deposited.
- If you are self-employed, receive commission or work for your own partnership or corporation, provide personal tax returns (1040) for the previous two years — including all schedules — and two years of corporate (1120 or 1120S plus K1) or partnership (1065 plus K1) returns, if applicable.
- If you own rental property, provide personal tax returns (1040) for the previous two years, including all schedules.
- Provide bank statements for the assets you list covering the most recent two months, as well as recent statements for stock, mutual funds and IRA/401k accounts.
- If you are requesting a cash-out refinance, provide a letter explaining how you will use the refinance proceeds, or include your explanation on page 4 of your application.
- If applicable, provide a full copy of your final recorded divorce decree and settlement agreement.
- If you wish to have child or spousal support included in your qualifying income, provide a full copy of the final recorded divorce decree including the support arrangements, along with 12 months of canceled checks to document payment and bank statements to document receipt and deposit.
- If you are not a US citizen, provide a copy of your green card (front & back). If you are not a permanent resident, provide a copy of your H-1 or L-1 visa.
- If any borrower has filed bankruptcy, provide the Discharge Notice, Filing and Schedule of Creditors along with a letter of explanation.
- If any borrower has other derogatory credit, especially pertaining to a current or previous mortgage loan, please provide a detailed letter of explanation and any supporting documentation.
Note: If you print out the application to complete and submit, do not use correction fluid to correct errors. Cross out the error and initial the correction.